Monday, 12 November 2012

Experiments

I mentioned in a previous post that I was interested in combining aspects of nature with the human body, which has led me to create the piece below. I was intrigued by the similarity between the leaves growing on the trees outside and the hair that grows on our head. Also, I like the fact that I have no control over the aging of the leaves and will not be able to prevent them from withering up, thus changing the way this piece will look in the future!
I also drew inspiration from one of the photos I took, which led me towards some more 3D work which you can see below.

By simply editing the colours on the photo, I immedietely got a sense of the inner workings of the body as opposed to the branches of a tree, which helped me to form these 3D studies of veins. The top piece is made using a combination of wire and wool, the second using wire and beads. I feel the second is a better representation of the veins, as it has a more delicate feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment