Monday, 22 October 2012

Using New Materials

So I've started working in 3D, and I wanted to try out some materials I've never used before to experiment with. I began by working with wire, but sadly it wasn't very successful! My first attempt at making a rose was a complete disaster. 
As you can see, it completely fell apart and ended up as a big ball of mush!
My second was a little better. It resembles a flower of some sort, but a rose? Not so much.
After that I started messing around with masking tape, and I found it a lot easier to work with! This is what I came up with.
Working in 3D is completely new to me(I haven't made anything properly with my hands since the Junior Cert!)and I do find it quite difficult, so I know I'm not going to come up with anything impressive right off the bat. However, I enjoy the challenge and I really want to keep trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment