Monday, 29 October 2012

Project Update

I recently had my progress review, which I found to be very helpful! As a result of the review, I've been encouraged to steer in a slightly different direction with my project, for the time being anyway.
Previously, I was doing observational drawing in preparation for some 3D ideas. While studying roses in particular I found myself getting a lot of inspiration and ideas from them. I noticed how all the small lines and grooves in the petals of the flower have a resemblance to the lines on our skin and the veins within our body. I decided to look more closely at this idea and have started to realize that there are many objects in the world of nature that share similarities to the human body. My plan for now is to observe and record these and find ways of experimenting with the two, and possibly combine them in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment