Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Moving on to patterns and 3D work


As I mentioned in my last post, I want to keep tattoo imagery central to my project, but in a different context. I explored the idea of using the imagery to form part of a bigger picture, or as part of a pattern. I also looked at the techniques of old school tattooing and considered if there was a way I could encorporate some of it into my work. For example, the tattoos always had strong, solid outlines, dark shading, and minimal colour.


 
At the moment, I'm planning on moving forward towards 3D work. I'm interested in taking well known, popular tattoo images and transforming them into 3D objects, as opposed to just flat images on the surface of the skin. In doing this, I will be taking them from their home in the 2D world and creating a totally new space for them in the 3D world. I still wish to keep exploring disguises and concealment, so I'll be using the 3D tattoos to form part of a mask of some sort!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment