Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Artist Inspiration- Jeff Koons

I did some research on Jeff Koons and discovered that his work is very relevant to what I'm working on with my project right now. I'm aware that Koons has a huge variety of subjects in his work, but I decide to focus in on his work with flowers because they are the most suitable pieces for my research at the moment. Koons takes objects from popular culture and uses them to create giant, whimsical, kitsch sculptures. I want to take images from popular tattoo culture and transform them into something new, just like Koons does. Also, I'm fascinated by the wide range of materials he uses to create the same object- flowers. It inspires me to try out different materials myself! 











2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love it! ^^ You have a nice blog, mind to follow each other? :)

    BLOG | TWITTER | TUMBLR

    ReplyDelete